The perfect pre or post gym snack. Also, the nut balls are a great dessert treat that will hit the spot! This recipe makes approximately 20 Cacao Energy Nut Balls.
- Approximately 18 dates
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbs coconut oil – melted
- 2 tbs raw cacao powder
- chopped pistachios for coating (lightly toasted makes them devine)
- Process the nuts (except pistachios) in a food processor until chopped. Next, place them in a big bowl.
- Now process the rest of the ingredients, and add them into the bowl with the chopped nuts.
- If the mixture is too dry, add some more coconut oil or even a dash of almond milk.
- Form mixture into balls and roll them into the chopped pistachios to coat.
- Keep in mind – these balls are quite sticky so you will need to place them in the fridge for at least half and hour to firm up. I prefer eating them the following day!